Hot Fudge Cream Puff Ring
Hot fudge sundaes meet cream puffs in this outrageous dessert! To make the “ring” shape, I traced a plate onto parchment paper. Then, I scooped each puff along the circle as a guide. Once baked, they will attach together. Let it cool, slice off the tops very carefully and fill them up with delicious pastry cream. If your ring detaches while transferring to a cake plate, that’s ok! Just sit them close together and no one will know. This Hot Fudge Cream Puff Ring needs to be on your dessert table for the next holiday!
You may also like:
- 1 cup water
- 8 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 5 oz. box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 T. salted butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons Hot Water, may need a little more
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trace 7 inch plate on parchment and lay on baking pan.
- Heat water and butter and bring to a boil.
- Stir in flour, forming a ball.
- Remove heat and place in electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Use an ice cream scoop to make small mounds of dough around the circle.
- Bake 45-50 mins.
- Cool, use serated knife to cut off tops carefully.
- Beat all until thick and a bit firm.
- Pipe into each puff or just scoop in.
- Place the tops back on.
- Microwave chocolate and butter until melted.
- Sift in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Slowly add water until the consistency you want for drizzling.
- Drizzle over the cream puff tops.
- Pipe on a little more cream and top with cherries and sprinkles, if desired!
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen