Jumbo Chocolate Chip Muffins
These are just insanely delicious! They look AND taste like they came from a bakery! You will NOT be disappointed. They are packed with chocolate so you can use less if you aren’t a huge fan! I like to add more on the top before they go into the oven. Some coarse sugar sprinkled on top would also be fabulous. I hope you enjoy these as much as my little guy did when he woke up and found them on the counter!
You may need:
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp, kosher salt
- ½ cup salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk, well shaken
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips (reserve a few of these for the tops)
- Preheat oven to 425F. (I used convection and then switched to regular bake after the first 5 mins)
- Grease a jumbo 6 cup muffin tin with shortening.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- In a larger bowl, whisk the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the buttermilk just until combined.
- Divide evenly into the muffin cups using a large ice cream scoop.
- Top with more chips.
- Bake at 425F for 5 minutes.
- Then lower to 375F and bake 15-17 minutes.
Adapted from Diane Morrisey