Luckily it is time for another month of Two Sweetie Pies! Another month of 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful dessert! Always a success when you bake from Liz’s blog! Each month we bake up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun! You can follow Liz on Facebook and Pinterest. This month I went with a Margarita cheesecake for a Cinco De Mayo celebration! This is a delicious cheesecake with a fabulous nilla wafer crust!
Instead of a springform pan, my new favorite is the Fat Daddio’s Removable Bottom Pan! It releases the cake beautifully without harming the outer edges at all!
- 1 ¼ cups Nilla wafer cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 3 8- ounce packages cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream 1 cup is for filling, 1 cup is for topping
- 1 ¼ cups sugar 1 cup for cheesecake, 1/4 c. reserved for topping
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- vanilla frosting optional
- Very thin orange and lime slices to garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter till blended.
- Press crumbs onto bottom and 1-inch up sides of 9 inch springform pan or removable bottom pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a mixer, with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup sugar, Grand Marnier, tequila, lime juice and lime zest and beat until well blended.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until blended.
- Remove bowl from mixer and use spatula scrape bowl to make sure batter is well mixed.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake until center is just set, about 50-55 minutes.
- Mix remaining 1 cup sour cream, ¼ cup sugar and 1 tablespoon lime juice in small bowl.
- Pour over cheesecake and carefully smooth with a spatula.
- Bake cheesecake for 5 more minutes.
- Place pan on rack and cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from pan and garnish.