For tons of recipes and techniques you need to check out Salty Seattle! You can also buy her amazing cookbook. Have you tried a Pasta Bike Yet???? This tool is AMAZING! Just roll it through your flat sheets to create fettuccine at varying widths!
You may need:
BEST 00 Flour
Kitchen aid roller
Fluted Cutting Wheel
Basic Neutral Color Pasta Dough
- 2¼c. 00 Pasta Flour
- 4 eggs
- Beat both ingredients together in mixer until dough forma.
- Knead 3 mins.
- Cover and let rest 30 mins before running through the roller.
- Start at widest setting on roller and then make it thinner on each pass.
- Dust with flour and let rest before sending through the cutter.
Green Matcha Dough
- 1 heaping T. matcha powder
- 2 eggs
- 5 T. hot water
- 2¼c. 00 pasta flour
- Mix powder, eggs and water until blended.
- Add in flour until forms a dough.
- Knead 3 mins.
- Cover and let rest 30 mins before rolling.
Dragon Fruit Pasta
- 2 T. dragon fruit powder
- 3T. hot water
- 2¼c. 00 flour
- Mix powder, eggs, water.
- Add flour to form a dough.
- Cover and rest 30 mins before rolling.
- Doughs above
- Roll one color to a rectnagle (I sued setting #4) as your bottom base.
- Roll all 3 colors out on own and cut into fettuccine strips (Setting 4 for thickness)
- Wet the base sheet lightly and lay on the cut strips in a pattern.
- Pass through roller starting at 1 until about a 5.
- Then you can cut into fettuccine or hand cut with a fluted wheel for bow ties (2x2 squares and pinch) or hand cut into pappardelle.
I love making different pastas, I’ll have to try this just because your pictures are so amazing and this looks like a lot of fun!
Cellina recently posted…Italian Chicken Cutlets
Hugs & Cookies xoxo says