Need a killer brunch recipe? You’ve just hit the doughnut muffin jackpot! Fill these with any jam you’d like or even nutella would be yummy!!!!
Raspberry Filled Sugared Doughnut Muffins
- Muffin Batter
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ⅔ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup milk
- Jar of raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon/sugar combined
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Lightly grease a standard muffin tin.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter, vegetable oil, and sugars till smooth.
- Add the eggs, beating to combine.
- Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir the flour into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour and making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pan, filling the cups nearly full.
- Bake the muffins for 15 to 17 minutes, or until they’re a pale golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
- Remove them from the oven, and let them cool for a couple of minutes.
- Pipe the jelly into each one.
- Melt the butter for the topping (this is easily done in the microwave).
- Dip each one into the butter, then roll in the cinnamon-sugar.
- Serve warm, or cool on a rack and wrap airtight.
- Store for a day or so at room temperature.
- Adapted from King Arthur