This! This is going to up your Sunday morning breakfast game! Forget the round frying pan and trying to neatly flip and fold your omelettes. This is the coolest technique! Use a griddle pan! This allows a lot more room for folding your omelette easily. This was a definite winning technique for me. The picture below is a folded omelette but I have also used the griddle pan for perfectly rolled omelettes, as well. You MUST give it a try! Set up a station of goodies and let everyone choose their fillings.
You will need:
- salt/pepper to taste
- splash of half and half (for extra fluffy omelettes)
- Fillings of your choice-we like turkey, sliced sausage, bacon, cheddar cheese, scallions, onions
- Heat 1 T. butter in your griddle pan. (I use a 2 burner pan.)
- I like to precook the turkey until golden and then pour eggs right over it.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Add cream and salt/pepper to taste.
- Add more butter to pan.
- Pour eggs into the pan (over the turkey) and use a bench scraper to push the edges in and create a square or rectangle.
- There are then a few options. For a well done omelette, cook one side, flip to cook the other. Add toppings in the center and fold.
- For a runnier omelette, cook the first side, use a rubber spatula to push the raw egg off the top on to the sides. Once the top is mostly cooked, add the fillings and fold.