These meltaways are heavenly. The raspberry filling adds the perfect sweet touch!
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter
- 1½ C. Sugar (divided)
- 2½ C. Flour, sifted
- ¼ t. salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 10 oz. jar seedless raspberry jelly
- 4 egg whites
- Cream together the butter, yolks, and ½ C.sugar.
- Add flour and salt and knead with fingers.
- Pat dough into a greased 15½ by 10½ by 1 in. Jelly Roll pan.
- Bake at 350* 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and spread with jelly.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold in remaining 1 C. sugar.
- Gently spread on top of jelly. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut into bars while still warm.
ADAPTED FROM HOW TO COOK A WOLF