Caramel brownies will steal the show at any party, any day, any time! Yes, you can use a box mix but I promise this homemade version is just as easy and will taste much better! These taste like they came out of the bakery. You can also freeze these brownies. What a time saver because you can have these ready at a moment’s notice by pulling them out to defrost! I definitely recommend using nonstick foil when making these as they can be a bit sticky, in the best of ooey gooey ways! For cleaner cuts, chill the brownies before slicing. You may also love Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownies.
Luckily it is time for another month of Two Sweetie Pies! Another month of 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful dessert! Always a success when you bake from Liz’s blog! Each month we bake up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun! Make sure you pop over to visit Liz and see which Hugs & Cookies recipe she chose this month. Thanks once again Liz for a fabulous dessert!
You can visit Liz on her social media channels here:
You may also love:
You may need:
- 1 cup butter
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 ¼ c. flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 11- ounce bag of caramels unwrapped
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line 9 x 13 pan with non-stick foil.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla and whisk well.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Spread half the batter into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes and cool for 20 minutes.
- Melt caramels and cream in a microwave-safe bowl until smooth.
- While still warm, pour caramel over the brownies and spread with an offset spatula.
- Reheat the rest of the batter in the microwave just a few seconds to soften.
- Top the caramel with the batter.
- Sprinkle on chocolate chips.
- Bake 20 more mins.
- Cool, chill, cut.
Adapted from my sweet friend Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake