Mushroom lovers will go crazy for these! Stuffed with sausage and mascarpone cheese-what could be bad. This recipe comes from Ina Garten so you know it has to be good! Bake them until nice and crispy and serve these Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms at your next cocktail hour or holiday!
You may need:
white baking dish
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 extra-large white mushrooms, caps and stems separated
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2½ tablespoons medium-dry sherry
- ¾ pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- ¾ cup minced scallions, white and green parts (6 scallions)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅔ cup panko
- 5 ounces Italian mascarpone cheese
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2½ tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Trim the mushroom stems and chop them finely. Set aside.
- Place the mushroom caps in a shallow bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and the sherry. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sausage, crumbling it with a wooden spoon.
- Cook the sausage for 8 to 10 minutes till browned.
- Add chopped mushroom stems for 4 more minutes.
- Stir in the scallions, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add panko.
- Add mascarpone until melted.
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan and parsley,
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cool a little.
- Fill each mushroom with the mixture.
- Place in baking dish and bake 50 mins.
Hi! It appears that the second ingredient is missing. I’m assuming it’s the olive oil? The recipe looks delicious though!
Hugs & Cookies xoxo says
ooh!! Good call and yes, it was the oil-thanks so much!!!
I would like to know what sherry you use. I am not a sherry fan. But I know how good it tastes in food…like She Crab Soup you get in Charleston S.C. Love. So if you could tell the brand, I can make these for Christmas. Thanks for the recipe. It sounds awesome. I look forward to making them.
David Price says
It looks delicious! What a nice recipe! I love mushrooms!
Daniel Shields says
This looks so delicious and I bet it tastes amazing! My kids will love this.
I can not wait to try this at home.
This is a great way of introducing healthy foods
into their diet. Thank you.
Mark Peterson says
yummy… I love mushrooms. I will try this yummy dish.
Mark Peterson recently posted…Magic mushroom therapy
Hugs & Cookies xoxo says
Ryan Wade says
This recipe looks so delicious with mushrooms, we can also make these for festival season, This is a great way of introducing healthy foods for diet.
This looks tasty and easy to make, definitely going to give this a shot!