This sandwich starts out with an awesome meatloaf recipe. It makes the best sandwiches the next day! Serve on your favorite bread!
Sherry Mini Meatloaves
- 1½ pounds meatloaf mix (beef, pork, veal) Or all beef
- 1 beaten egg
- 1c. bread crumbs (I used gluten free crumbs)
- ½ onion, chopped
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1½ tsp. salt
- Sherry Sauce:
- 2T. cornstarch
- 4 T. brown sugar
- 1½ cups beef or chicken broth
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1½ cups sherry
- 2 tsp. vinegar
- 2 tsp. regular mustard
- Mix all ingredients.
- Shape into 4-6 mini loaves in a deep baking dish.
- Bake 350 for 40 minutes.
- Then, pour sauce on top of loaves and baste for an additional 30 minutes at 350.
- Mix all in a pot and bring to a boil. Cook a few minutes until it thickens.