LOOKS LIKE PIZZA??? I AGREE! BUT IT’S NOT! IT’S SMASHED AND ROASTED RED POTATOES TOPPED WITH MELTED MOZZARELLA & PROVOLONE CHEESE. THESE TASTE LIKE POTATO SKINS!!! WHEN I SAW THIS RECIPE AT LOUANNESKITCHEN I KNEW I HAD TO MAKE THEM. YOU SEE, NOT ONLY ARE THEY GLUTEN FREE AND DELICIOUS BUT THEY ARE POTATOES AND MY HUBBY LOVES ALL THINGS POTATO!!!!! NEEDLESS TO SAY, THESE WERE A HUGE HIT. THANKS LOUANNE!!!!
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain and dry.
- Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil and place potatoes on top.
- Cover with a sheet of wax paper and use a meat pounder or metal spoon to smash potatoes to a 1/2″ thickness.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Drizzle smashed potatoes generously with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh rosemary or any herbs you like.
- Roast at 450 for 45 minutes till brown and crispy!
- Sprinkle on the cheese and return to the oven 2 minutes-just to melt cheese!
- Next time i will top with scallions too and serve sour cream on the side…maybe some bacon bits too!!! mmmmmmm! just like potato skins!!