Pan Banging Vanilla Sugar Cookies
Have any sugar cookies in your world? This will absolutely be their new favorite cookie. My 12 year old son went crazy for these as he is not a chocolate cookie lover! Banging the baking tray against the rack is what creates the beautiful ripples around the edges. Those ripples are both beautiful and extra delicious!
You may need:
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 c. butter, at room temperature
- 1½ c. sugar plus ¼c. for rolling
- 1 egg
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a mixer, beat butter until creamy.
- Add only 1½ cups of the sugar and beat on medium 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Form 3 ounce balls of dough and roll in the ¼ cup sugar.
- Place 3 cookies on the sheet and bake 8 minutes.
- Bang pan a few times against rack so create the ripples.
- Bake approx an additional 8 minutes but every few mins. do another pan bang!
- Cookies are done when edges are golden and centers are still soft.