Sweet and salty brownies get their sweetness from the peanut butter cups and saltiness from potato chips. Oh and did I mention the fudgy brownie base topped with milk chocolate ganache? Yup, just an added perk right there!
Kitchen Sink Brownies
- 12 tablespoons 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3.5 ounces semisweet chocolate finely chopped
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- 9 ounces milk chocolate finely chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mini or chopped regular peanut butter cups
- 2 cups potato chips coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9-by-13-inch square baking pan with nonstick foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt butter and chopped chocolate.
- Cool 5 mins.
- Stir in sugar.
- Add eggs, yolk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips and spread into pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Heat cream in microwave until just about to boil.
- Pour over chocolate in a heat safe bowl.
- Cover and let sit 1 minute then stir smooth.
- Pour most over brownies and save a drop for a drizzle.
- Immediately add the peanut butter cups and potato chips, pressing very lightly.
- Drizzle with the rest of the chocolate and chill a few hours to set!
Adapted From Love and Olive Oil