This tiramisu layer cake is a dreamy winner and a show stopper! The cream on its own is just fabulous…be sure to save some for the cake! This recipe was adapted from Spiced! Check out their fabulous blog!
Tiramisu Layer Cake
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 cup room temp butter
- 2 c. sugar
- 5 egg whites
- ½ cup strong coffee
- 4 tsp dark rum
- 4 tsp powdered sugar
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 4½ cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 T. dark rum
- ½ T. vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- For Garnish
- Chocolate covered espresso beans
- Grease and line three 8 inch cake pans with parchment. Grease parchment.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a second bowl, whisk milk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- In a mixer, beat butter and sugar for 4 mins.
- Add about half of the flour, then add the milk mix. End with the rest of the flour mix.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold them into the cake batter.
- Pour into the pans and bake 25-30 mins.
- Whisk all ingredients.
- Beat mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy
- Add the rum and vanilla.
- Beat the cream in another bowl to stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold cream into mascarpone mixture.
- I like to freeze the cake layer until firm to make assembly easy!
- Place on cake on serving plate and brush on your syrup. Top with 1 cup frosting.
- Repeat with next layers.
- Decorate with sifted cocoa powder and espresso beans.
- If you prefer, once assembled, cut gently into a trifle dish and let sit overnight.
Recipe Adapted from Spiced-check out this fabulous blog!!!!!
Kathleen Garrett says
Love Tiramisa layer cake