Tomato Basil Quiche
This was such a delicious quiche and so cute because I made it in a mini 6 inch cast iron skillet. This would make the perfect ladies lunch for two served with a salad followed by a yummy dessert! To scale it up to a regular 8 or 9 inch pan, just triple the ingredients. You could use a skillet or even a pie pan if you don’t have one. For the pie crust I used 1/4 of one of my all butter crusts. You can get that easy recipe here or you can use store bought crusts to simplify this even more. Those of you with beautiful gardens will enjoy using your homegrown basil and tomatoes. You may also love Crustless Quiche with Prosciutto and Tuscan Butter Shrimp with Tomato Spinach Cream Sauce.
You may need:
- Pie dough cut 2 inches larger than your skillet
- ½ Roma tomatos, sliced thin
- fresh basil
- 2 eggs
- ¼c. heavy cream
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, plus extra
- Preheat oven 375.
- Lay your pie crust into the skillet, roll edges under and flute.
- Sprinkle some of the extra Parmesan on the bottom.
- Lay a few slices of tomato over the cheese and some basil leaves.
- Whisk eggs, cream, salt, pepper, 1 ounce parmesan together.
- Pour over the tomatoes.
- Bake 35-45 mins until puffed up and golden. (I used bottom rack to keep bottom crust crispy.)
- Garnish with more basil and Parmesan cheese.
Adapted from The Modern Proper