Triple Chocolate Cheesecake With Dipped Strawberries
This Triple Chocolate Cheesecake With Dipped Strawberries will wow your loved ones on Valentine’s or your guests on any special occasion. The triple layers include an Oreo crust, a rich chocolate cheesecake layer and a thick chocolate ganache topping! This would be a showstopper dessert for any event. You can also swap out the pink whipped cream for plain white or color it for a different occasion!
How do you make perfect dipped strawberries? Start with high quality, beautiful berries. That can be tough to find in the winter! I went to 3 stores and combined the best from them all! You also need great chocolates for melting! I used Valrhona feves for my strawberries (sold in Whole Foods) but any good quality chocolates can be used! Adding a white drizzle is a nice touch, too! Melt the chocolates in the microwave gently. Dip the berries and lay them on cookie sheets lined with wax paper. Pop into the fridge to set and then add the white drizzle. Back in the fridge and then they are ready to be
eaten placed on your cake!
You may also like:
You will need to create a water bath when baking your cheesecake or use a moat as I like to do. You can learn more about that HERE.
- 24 Oreos, crushed in food processor
- 2 T. sugar
- 4 T. melted butter
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted (Use bars, not chips)
- 32 ounces room temp cream cheese
- 1 c. sugar
- ½ c. sour cream
- 4 T. unswe. cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 5 ounces semi sweet chocolate (Again, use bars not chips and chop)
- ¾ c. heavy cream
- 1 c. heavy cream
- ¼-1/2 c. powdered sugar
- pink gel coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine Oreos, sugar and butter and press into a 9-inch springform pan and up the sides.
- Bake 8 mins and cool.
- Melt chocolate in microwave and let sit.
- In a mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar till fluffy.
- On low, add sour cream and cocoa.
- Pour in the melted chocolate.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Pour into crust,
- Create a water bath for the cake or use a moat as I love to do.
- Bake 50 minutes until middle almost all set and jiggles just a little.
- Leave in oven, shut heat off and let sit with door open 20 mins. Remove to counter to finish cooling and then place in fridge for several hours or overnight.
- Melt cream and chocolate in microwave until smooth.
- Pour over cold cake still in pan and chill several hours or overnight.
- Beat cream and sugar to peaks and pipe on. Add coloring.
- Top with chocolate dipped strawberries.
Cheesecake Adapted from Cookies & Cups
Decorating Inspiration from Life, Love and Sugar