Low carb lovers are about to be in heaven! Ravioli made out of sliced zucchini! Even if you don’t eat low carb you will love this. I eat anything but low carb and I found these amazing!! Great for a side dish, main course or a lunch! Leftover would be perfect for a next day lunch, too! These were actually really easy to make and came together in less time than you’d think! Head over to Delish.com to see the awesome video on how to shape these! Zucchini ravioli are not only low carb but they are also low calorie and gluten free! I say hurry and make this dish!
9×13 baking dish
Veggie Peeler…….or my favorite peeler (kuhn rikon)
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- ½ c. grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 egg
- handful of chopped chives
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ c. marinara sauce (I used Rao's)
- ½ c. shredded mozzarella
- Mis ricotta, parmesan, egg, chives,garlic, salt and pepper together, Set aside.
- Preheat oven 375.
- Pour a bit of the sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 dish to prevent sticking.
- Slice the zucchini with a veggie peeler lengthwise. Pat dry to absorb extra moisture.
- Lay 2 slices vertical so they overlap and 2 across those.
- Scoop some of the cheese mix into the center and fold all ends into the center.
- Lie them seam side down in dish.
- Top with sauce and cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle on more parmesan.
Adapted from Delish.com