Luckily it is time for another month of Two Sweetie Pies! Another month of 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful dessert! Always a success when you bake from Liz’s blog! Each month we bake up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun!
You can visit Liz on her social media channels here:
These cookies are packed full of chocolate and butter. What can be bad? A simple dusting of powdered sugar makes them look just beautiful! Whip up a batch of these chocolate brownie cookies and grab a nice glass of ice cold milk to wash them down!
- ½ cup butter
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups light brown sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- powdered sugar, for dusting cookies
- Place the butter and chopped chocolate in a heat safe bowl, and microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring frequently until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixer, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla on low speed until smooth.
- Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture just until blended.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, mixing until just combined.
- Cover and chill the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. Place 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake until the tops of the cookies crack, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool and dust generously with powdered sugar sifted on top!
- Use fresh parchment for each batch.
Adapted from Hot Cocoa Cookies via my friend at That Skinny Chick Can Bake