Bacon Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Now THIS is the cookie of all cookies! Sweet and salty plus caramel. Need I say more? I hope you love these bacon caramel chocolate chip cookies! They are thick, puffy and chewy in the centers with a crisp edge! Perfection!
You may need:
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ sticks soft butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup regular sugar
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup NESTLE semisweet chips plus ½ cup bittersweet Ghiradhelli chips and ½c Ghirardelli Milk chocolate chips.
- ½ pound high quality bacon, cooked until very crisp and chopped
- Caramel sauce
- Beat butter and both sugars until well blended.
- Add in vanilla, egg and yolk until light and creamy.
- Add in flour, salt and baking soda just until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Chill 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Drop by 2 ounce mounds onto parchment. (If you like extra chocolate, place a few more chips in the top but beware that's a lot of chocolate!)
- Place in oven and IMMEDIATELY lower temp to 375. Bake 9 minutes or until tops golden.
- When cookies come out, immediately press in pieces of bacon.
- Let cool on cookie sheets.
- Drizzle with caramel.
- MAKES 21 COOKIES (2 OUNCES EACH)
- (Fir each new batch, let oven come back up to 425 and repeat)