Meatball parmigiana just got a whole lot easier with my baked meatballs! No frying on the stove, no splatter, no mess! Perfect for a quick meal during the week, too! You can use your favorite jarred sauce for your baked meatball parmigiana or make this fabulous sauce that I used. Click here for the recipe!
Baked Meatball Parmigiana
- 1 ½ pounds meatloaf mix beef, pork, veal combo (Or use all ground beef if you prefer )
- 4 cloves garlic-roughly chopped not minced
- a handful of chopped parsley
- 1 cup bread crumbs Use gluten free if desired: I sometimes use Schar gluten free brand
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese not grated (sometimes I use grated asiago cheese)
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- Sauce of your choice approx two 24-oz jars
- Mozzarella cheese to top it off with!
- Mix all of the above meatball ingredients and form your meatballs-not too large.
- Pour 1-2 Tablespoons oil on a baking stone or pan with sides and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Lower oven to 375.
- Pour some sauce in the bottom of your dish(es).
- I used a ceramic dish pictured above or you could use one 9×13.
- Lay meatballs on top of the sauce. Cover with more sauce and dress the top up with lots of mozzarella! It should be covered with cheese!!!
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 20 mins or until meatballs are cooked through and cheese is browning.
- For the last 4 minutes I raised the oven temp to 400 to help the browning.