Yes, this is as great as it sounds! I first saw this made on the Rachael Ray show and knew I had to make it. Luckily my parents were coming for dinner so I made sure to get all of my ingredients asap. This dip received rave reviews and has just so many layers of flavor. A totally tasty dip that is sure to please your next party-goers!
oven rack for tomatoes
BLT Avocado Dip
- 12 ounce pack applewood smoked bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 12 medium cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons EVOO, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed, sliced
- Juice from 2 lemons, divided
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayo
- ¾ softened cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- ½ cup shredded smoked mozzarella
- ¾ cup chopped scallions
- 4 ounce can of chopped green chilies
- A few dashes of Tabasco
- 1 endive, leaves pulled apart
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper - See more at:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet lined with foil
- Lay the tomatoes on rack.
- Pour on 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt/pepper.
- Heat a grill pan and add 2 T. oil. Drizzle avocado with some lemon juice and grill to make lines.
- In a bowl, mix bacon, sour cream, mayo, cream cheese, shredded cheeses, scallions, green chilies, hot sauce, juice from a ½ a lemon and a teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake 10 mins to melt cheese.
- Top with tomatoes, grilled avocados and the endive.
- Serve with crackers or extra endive for scooping up the dip!
Leave a Reply