This dip is not just “good.” It is not just “ok.” It is not just “fine.” It is absolutely AMAZING!!! Incredible, tasty, outrageous! My husband said it was an 11 on a scale of 1-10. An absolute keeper and so easy to make. It has so many wonderful flavors in it that your guests will keep guessing what’s in it. And the creamy ingredient? Cream Cheese! I had no idea how this would turn out with cream cheese melted in it. Well, I am sorry I didn’t know about this wonderful ingredient melted in a dip sooner! The cream cheese melts in and adds a new layer of flavor and a total decadence factor! I love that this dip uses frozen corn, making the ingredients easy to always have on hand. I love to use Trader Joe’s frozen corn! This dip is the perfect addition to your Superbowl celebration! Game ON!
Creamy Bacon Corn Dip
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crispy and drain on paper towels.
- Leave 1 T. bacon drippings in the pan and discard the rest.
- To the drippings, add the corn and onions.
- Cook about 5 minutes stirring often.
- Add the cream cheese and milk and stir to melt/incorporate.
- Add scallions, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle bacon on top.
- Serve immediately or cool and refrigerate overnight.
- To reheat, bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes.
Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe….be sure to pop over for a visit!