Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumb Cake
Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumb Cake is everything you would want in a crumb cake! Bursting blueberries and a layer of sweet delicious cheesecake! This would be fabulous served at a morning brunch or for an afternoon tea. The glaze pushes this over the top and is spectacular even when warm. Like a big blueberry cheese danish! You could swap out the blueberries, too. Raspberries would also be wonderful in this crumb cake. Make this on a weekend morning and enjoy how delicious your house will smell. This cake should be stored in the fridge due to the layer of cheesecake. If it makes it long enough to have any leftovers, that is! You could also try this recipe with raspberries if you prefer!
You may need:
- 3⅓ c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 11 T. butter- room temp
- ⅓ c. light brown sugar
- ⅓ c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces soft cream cheese
- ½ cup + 2 T. sugar
- 2 T. corn starch
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1⅔ cups of blueberries
- 1c. powdered sugar
- 4-6 teaspoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line the bottom of 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Spray bottom and sides with Pam.
- In a mixer, combine flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar & sugar.
- Mix in butter and let it get crumbly.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Press ⅔ of the crumbly mixture in the bottom of the pan and up side a bit,
- Place in fridge to chill along with the rest of the crumbs.
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, corn starch.
- Add eggs and combine.
- Pour half the batter onto the crust.
- Sprinkle on ⅔c. berries.
- Pour on rest of batter.
- Top with the rest of the berries and the crumbs.
- Bake at 350 about 50-60 mins.-tent with foil in the last 10 mins if getting too brown.
- Whisk sugar and milk.
- I drizzled on some while cake was warm and the rest once it was room temp.
- Then keep chilled!
Adapted from my friend Vera at OMGChocolateDesserts