This bourbon shrimp is threaded on skewers and grilled on the barbecue for the perfect summer dinner! If using wooden skewers, soak them 20 mins prior. Otherwise, you can use metal skewers. You may also like Peach Bourbon Crockpot Chicken or Bourbon Candy Balls!
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of paprika (or use smoked paprika)
- ¼ c. olive oil
- ¼ c. bourbon
- 1 T. honey
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ¼ tsp. salt
- parsley, chopped
- Soak wooden skewers for 20 minutes or get metal skewers.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and pour half in rectangle pan.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and lay in the marinade, turning to coat both sides. Let marinate 20 mins.
- Grill on the barbecue (about 10 mins) turning and basting with the rest of the marinade.
- Top with parsley.
Adapted from Baked at Midnite