When we couldn’t find Aunt Jemima mix in the stores due to the Corona Virus shortage, I knew we had to make homemade pancakes. My youngest son is crazy for pancakes! This recipe makes a huge amount. I bake them off, cool them and freeze the extras for other mornings. If you don’t want such a huge page just cut the recipe equally! They do freeze well though and after a quick trip to the microwave make a great breakfast on a morning you don’t feel like cooking!
You may also love: Fruity Pebble Pancakes
You may need:
BUTTERMILK PANCAKES...IT DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THIS!
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- makes 12 pancakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup milk
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- optional: chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter.
- Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
- eat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium to med-high heat.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend.
- Stir until it's just blended together. Do not over stir!
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle.
- Brown on both sides and serve with whipped cream!!!
- If using chips, I like t put a hot pancake on the plate, top with chips and then add another hot pancake repeating this. The heat from the pancakes melts the chips perfectly!
This post was updated 4-1-20