These brownies are perfectly chewy with a wonderful, crackly top! They are very easy to prepare beginning in a saucepan and then they get finished off in a mixer. You could even skip the mixer and whisk them in a bowl! These are a great dessert on their own but also make a great addition to an ice cream sundae, too. Just scoop on some vanilla ice cream, hot fudge & whipped cream! You may also love Oreo Brownie Trifle and Brownie Cheesecake Bars with Cookie Dough.
You may need:
9×9 baking pan
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ sticks salted butter
- 3 T. Canola oil
- ½ cup sugar (saucepan)
- 1 cup sugar (mixer)
- 2 large eggs + 1 yolk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 9x9 pan with nonstick foil.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, oil, ½ cup sugar and cook until all melted.
- In your mixer, combine eggs and the 1c. sugar.
- Slowly add the melted butter mixture.
- Add dry ingredients just until blended.
- Pour into pan and bake 30 mins.
- Cool and cut!
Adapted from Baker By Nature
Leave a Reply