Are you a mushroom lover? These mushrooms are so absolutely delicious they could be a meal all by themselves!!! The sauce you are making here is creamy, garlicky, rich and scrumptious! I am convinced this recipe can turn any mushroom “hater” into a muchroom “lover!” I cannot wait to make these again soon, like realllllll soon!!!! Let me know if you try these out!!!!
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup milk (*may not use it all)
- 3 cloves garlic, slices
- 2 T. cream cheese
- handful chives and parsley, chopped
- Heat 2 T. olive oil and add garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook for a few minutes as you want them to soften.
- As the oil gets low, add 2 T. milk and some more oil (up to 2T)
- Let the mushrooms start to brown.
- Once soft, whisk in the cream cheese.
- The sauce will be thick.
- Add the rest of the milk, a little at a time, until the sauce is your desired consistency.
- Season with salt, pepper and top with chives/parsley!
Adapted from Lovefoodies