Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are so much fun for the kids…and adults, too! Try this chocolate chip cookie recipe for lunchbox snacks, party favors and rainy day treats! You could even serve this dessert warmed up in the microwave with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat. Similar to a skillet cookie (but even easier), everyone can create their own too by offering a variety of toppings! Perhaps mini Reese’s pieces, walnuts or a teaspoon of sprinkles on top. If you don’t have rings you can make these in small ramekins just be sure to grease them well with cooking spray. You may also need to adjust the baking times. The cookie texture comes out awesome in the rings and the flavor of this chocolate chip cookie dough is amazing! It comes together quickly in the bowl of your stand mixer. (Grab a spoon for a bit of taste testing along the way!) You can also bake a large batch at once since the rings can be placed close together on your pan. You may also want to taste these recipes: Campfire S’mores Deep Dish Cookies and Brownie and Cookies Baked as One.
Holiday Tip: Make these in February using heart shaped cookie cutters. They will be even cuter than a cake for your valentine. Wrap extras in foil and store in ziploc freezer bags in the freezer.
You may need:
English Muffin Rings
- 1½ sticks soft butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup regular sugar
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup NESTLE semisweet chips plus ½ cup bittersweet Ghiradhelli chips and ½c Ghirardelli Milk chocolate chips.
- Toppings: non pareils, sprinkles, mini chips, mini M & Ms, oreos, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Spray english muffin rings with pam and lay on cookie sheet.
- Beat butter and both sugars until well blended.
- Add in vanilla, egg and yolk until light and creamy.
- Add in flour, salt and baking soda just until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Measure out 3 ounce mounds and slightly flatten in the rings.
- Press on any toppings you want!
- Bake approx 14-16 mins.
- Let cool a while in rings and release them when just warm.