Everyone needs a “go-to” brownie recipe. This is it! Perfectly delicious each and every time! These also pack really well in lunch boxes and bring lots of smiles to the kiddies. They can be the perfect bake sale brownie, too. Trust me, I know! Sometimes I call these Homemade Box Brownies because they taste as great as the box kind but from scratch! On another note, there is Nothing wrong with box brownies….in fact here is my secret for box brownies…..when I do make a box mix I use 2 boxes of Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate and bake them in one 9×13 pan for about 35 minutes. Sometimes it is fun to cut them with a heart shaped cookie cutter or any shape to match your theme. They come out absolutely perfect every time! You may want to check out this fabulous pan, too. It is such a fun pan for making the right size brownies every time. You may also love Cheesecake Swirled Brownies and Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownies.
- ½ cup 1 stick salted butter
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 11 x 7 inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and let cool a few minutes.
- Stir the sugar into the butter/chocolate mix.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Spread batter evenly into the pan and bake 27-35 minutes.
- Let cool completely and cut into squares.