Everyone needs a “go-to” brownie recipe. This is it! Perfectly delicious each and every time! These also pack really well in lunch boxes and bring lots of smiles to the kiddies. Trust me, I know! Sometimes I call these Homemade Box Brownies because they taste as great as the box kind but from scratch!
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 11 x 7 inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and let cool a few minutes.
- Stir the sugar into the butter/chocolate mix.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Spread batter evenly into the pan and bake 27-35 minutes.
- Let cool completely and cut into squares.
On another note, there is Nothing wrong with box brownies….in fact here is my secret for box brownies…..when I do make a box mix I use 2 boxes of Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate and bake them in one 9×13 pan! Look how thick and fudgy they come out!!!!