Pop Rock Tie Dye Cheesecake
This festive cheesecake is perfect for the 4th of July! It is made in a 6 inch Fat Daddio’s removable bottom pan so it is the perfect size for a small gathering or a party where there will be many dessert choices! The poprocks should be poured on right before serving so everyone can hear them exploding! You can also modify this and use any colors you want for other holidays or school themed colors. You could even leave it plain! You may also love July 4th Rainbow Crumb Cake Cookies and Pop Rocks Ice Cream Sandwiches. The whipped cream on this cake is stabilized and it is my copycat recipe of the Cheesecake Factory’s cream! You will LOVE it! It also pipes beautifully with a 1 M tip. I just love the ruffled look!
- ¾ c. graham cracker crumbs
- ½ T. sugar
- 3 T. melted butter
- 16 ounces room temp cream cheese
- ½ c. plus ⅓ c. sugar
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 egg
- ¼c. plus 2T. heavy cream
- Spray a 6 inch removable bottom pan with Pam and line with a parchment round.
- Combine all ingredients and press firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 350 for 8 mins and cool.
- Beat cream cheese smooth in mixer.
- Add all of the sugar and cornstarch to combine well.
- Add vanilla and egg to blend.
- Add all of the heavy cream.
- Divide into 3 bowls equally.
- Color one red, one blue and leave one plain. (Or any colors you want)
- Add a portion of each color to the crust.
- On the final top layer, swirl the colors with a skewer.
- Place inside the baking moat (add boiling water in outer rim) and bake 1 hour.
- Shut oven off and leave cake inside for 45 mins.
- Crack oven open for another 45 mins to cool.
- Chill in fridge a few hours.
- Remove sides and loosen bottom with a knife.
- Slide cake onto your platter.
- Decorate with stabilized whipped cream and pop rocks! (Sugar candies, too if desired)
Leave a Reply