One of my most loved desserts would have to be my raspberry crumb bars. They are buttery, rich and always a hit. They are often requested and expected when I am baking for parties and they never disappoint! These caramel crumb bars are a take on my raspberry bars as I have only changed up the filling. I have replaced the raspberry jam with homemade salted caramel! You could certainly use a jarred caramel butttttttt I really recommend going with the homemade. It definitely pushes them over the top, I promise! You can find my salted caramel recipe here!
What’s nice (and convenient) is you can make the caramel days in advance and have it on hand in the fridge!
- Spray a 12x17 pan with Pam.
- Preheat oven 350
- 3c. flour
- 1⅓c. confectioners sugar
- 3 sticks soft butter
- 1¼ cups salted caramel (homemade or jarred)
- 4½c. flour
- 3c. light brown sugar
- 4 sticks soft butter
- Beat all to form dough.
- Press into pan and bake 15-20 to lightly brown.
- Cool completely.
- Electric mix all to form crumbs.
- Once crust is cool, spread caramel evenly on top.
- Evenly pinch off and place large crumbs on top of caramel to cover it all.
- Bake 25-30 mins.
- Cool completely, sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into bars.
- Freezes very well!