Salted Caramel Crumb Bars
One of my most loved desserts would have to be my raspberry crumb bars. They are buttery, rich and always a hit. They are often requested and expected when I am baking for parties and they never disappoint! These caramel crumb bars are a take on my raspberry bars as I have only changed up the filling. I have replaced the raspberry jam with homemade salted caramel! You could certainly use a jarred caramel butttttttt I really recommend going with the homemade. It definitely pushes them over the top, I promise! You can find my salted caramel recipe here!
What’s nice (and convenient) is you can make the caramel days in advance and have it on hand in the fridge!
Another version I have tried is with Cadbury Caramel Spread—-amazing!
- Spray a 12x17 pan with Pam.
- Preheat oven 350
- 3c. flour
- 1⅓c. confectioners sugar
- 3 sticks soft butter
- 1¼ cups salted caramel (homemade or jarred)
- 4½c. flour
- 3c. light brown sugar
- 4 sticks soft butter
- Beat all to form dough.
- Press into pan and bake 15-20 to lightly brown.
- Cool completely.
- Electric mix all to form crumbs.
- Once crust is cool, spread caramel evenly on top.
- Evenly pinch off and place large crumbs on top of caramel to cover it all.
- Bake 25-30 mins.
- Cool completely, sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into bars.
- Freezes very well!
Leave a Reply