Sausage and Broccoli in Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
This is simple yet delicious and perfect for a weeknight meal. I used homemade fettuccine in this which is beyond amazing but of course, a box of pasta will be fabulous, too! I bought my sweet Italian sausage from Whole Foods. The links are HUGE so I only used 2. Otherwise, you may want to use 4.
You may want to try a scan pan! The best!
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 2 T. butter
- 1 T. butter
- ½ red onion chopped
- 2 large sweet Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 sundried tomatoes
- paprika, salt to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- pasta, cooked and tossed with butter/salt
- Steam broccoli and toss with butter/salt to taste, set aside
- I did this in a large pampered chef steamer pot.
- Heat butter and oil in skillet.
- Add onion and sauté for several minutes.
- Add sausage and break apart into pieces.
- Cook on medium unitl lightly browned.
- Add garlic for 2 mins.
- Add broth, cream, cheese, paprika, sundried tomatoes and salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on low 10 mins.
- Add cooked pasta and buttered broccoli when ready to serve.