Skillet Cherry PieSkillet Cherry Pie is an easy dessert that looks impressive. Serve this warm with vanilla ice cream for a truly spectacular dessert! You may also love Cherry Cheesecake Brownies and Cherry Hand Held Pies.
You may need:
Skillet Cherry Pie
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Use my homemade crust or store bought for a shortcut
- Egg wash (one egg plus a tsp water, mixed well)
- Sanding Sugar
- Pour cherries into a 6 inch cast iron skillet.
- Preheat oven to 375 and I lay a cookie sheet inside to hold the skillets.
- Roll out pie dough.
- Cut a round of pie dough to fit top and lay over berries.
- If you want hearts, use a cookie cutter to make them from your scraps and lay on top.
- Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. (Do not brush the hearts.)
- Bake at 425 for approx 35 mins.
- The filling will be bubbling hot, be careful removing from the oven.