The Most Amazing Oven Roasted Corn

This most amazing oven roasted corn is outrageous!  It’s almost hard to believe because it is so ridiculously simple to make, as well!  This has now become a regular rotation in our dinner menus at home.  Hot out of the oven, you must top it off with some butter, salt and pepper and it’s absolutely heavenly!  Eat it fresh from the oven but don’t just stop there! I love to cut the kernels off the cob and use them in fresh salads and homemade chicken pot pies.  Click here for my mini pot pie recipe! You can really taste the difference when you’re using fresh corn on the cob!  And it’s not only for the summer! I recently spotted some fresh ears of corn in Whole Foods so we were eating this while there was snow on the ground!  Imagine how spectacular it tasted….a real treat in the winter months!

I hope your family loves this oven roasted corn as much as we do.  Using nonstick foil on your pan also makes for a nice, easy clean up. Perfect after a long day of work!  If you try this, let me know what you thought! Can’t wait to hear.

The Most Amazing Oven Roasted Corn

The Most Amazing Oven Roasted Corn

Ingredients

• Ingredients:
  • corn on the cob
  • salt/pepper
  • butter

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400!
  2. Very generously season your corn on the cobs with kosher salt and pepper.
  3. Add a pat of butter to the tops and roast on a small jellyroll pan (lined with nonstick foil) for 35-45 minutes, or until starting to brown!
  4. While it's cooking, turn the corn occasionally.
  5. Simple and completely amazing!!!
  6. Top off with a drop more butter fresh out of the oven!
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

oven roasted corn

Print Friendly and PDF

Comments

1. says

I do this on a grill…only I rub with olive oil and salt/pepper. My grill is not currently working!! I will have to try this because I was panicked a bit about how I was going to have my roasted seasoned corn w/out my grill!!!

2. says

I do this on the bbq & I use a little butter, some lime zest, the seasoning used for carne asada sprinkled and pepper. Once finished, I add the lime juice from the zested lime, melted butter & a little parmesan cheese. Delicious!!

3. says

Try spreading your corn with mayonnaise (I’m in the South, so Duke’s is standard in my house) and sprinkle with hot pepper flakes. It sounds strange, but it’s unbelievably delicious!

4. says

You can do this on the grill with the husks on just soak the whole corn cob in salt water for as hour before hand and put on the grill and when ready to eat just take off the husk mate due to rotate on the grill frequently our husk will burn.

5. says

I love it grilled but don’t like starting up the grill just for corn. This would be a great recipe to use for grilled corn that I cut off the cob and mix with avocado, cucumber, jicama, cilantro, and lime juice.

6. says

To Blue Skies, the bacon idea sounds interesting. Do you first soak the corn with the husk in water and for how long? Then peel back the husk and wrap the bacon? Do you use one strip of bacon per cob? Also, are you adding any butter or is the grease from the bacon enough for the flavor? Also, doing it with the bacon could you do it in the oven or just on the grill?

7. says

I love grilled corn. But for everyday quick corn, the microwave is amazing. Stumbled on a youtube video. 6 minutes per ear (I have used this formula for 2-6 ears and it worked) on high. Leave corn in the husk. Do not remove.

When done, cut at the base right above the little pokey part. Serrated knife works best. Then grasp at other end with a hot matt and shake out the corn. Takes 2-4 shakes and it just pops right out. No strings left on it even.

Delicious flavor.

• Cindy Blair says

Microwaving for a few minutes makes it amazingly easy to husk! The silk almost drops off. I put 3 ears in for 5 minutes and let it cool just enough to handle. Then you can prepare it any way you want. Oven roasted is really amazing!! My granddaughter’s friend said, “This is DELICIOUS!! And I don’t even like corn!!” LOL

8. Scott says

When we were out on a missions trip in Mexico we tried out a different set of toppings/seasonings.
    Naturally there’s no refrigeration where we were.
    They put some mayonnaise on the corn, coated it with the crumbled Mexican white cheese, and then sprinkled it with a little chili powder. Sounds so un-American yet is good. Since then our youngest daughter (now 18) has to have it that way (except substituting Romano or Parmesan cheese).

9. Deborah Frazier says

I love corn anyway I can get it. I’ve had it on the grill, deep fried, boiled, cut off the cob pan fry w/bacon, sometimes I add milk and little flour to make cream corn. My fav is Silver Queen Corn (white). always S&P to taste. First time to the site, I will be back. I love cooking always open to ways of serving.

10. Denise says

Made this just now for dinner, and it was so good, I already sent the link to everyone in my family. Great recipe with perfect results!

11. cindy says

Omg,omg omg………………who needs to put on the grill!!! Delicious…………….the only thing I tweeked was I sprinkled a dash of cayenne!!!!!!! It had a nice little hint of a kick :)

12. Annette says

I tried this is was really good. The 2nd time I did it I added a little water & butter to the bottom of my pan & covered the cobs for the 1st 15 min. with a piece of parchment paper. After that I took the paper off added a little seasoning & rotated the cobs about every 7-8 min in the butter on bottom of pan! It was REALLY good!

13. Chelesia Bonham says

Just tried this — SO GOOD!!! And it sure beats boiled corn; loses all the flavor in the boil. Will always make it the roasted way.

Trackbacks