Artichoke Parmesan Chicken
This is one of those recipes you serve to your family that tastes like it came from a restaurant! I used one can of artichokes but you can even use two if you prefer. Some fresh spinach would also be great wilted in the sauce! If you choose to make the roasted asparagus, just drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and roast 6-8 mins at 400 degrees. Then top with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
You may also like Spinach Artichoke Quesadillas and STUFFED ARTICHOKES! Below, you can see the HUGE cast iron pan I used for this dish. I adore it because it allows room not just for your chicken but veggies and pasta, too! You can check it out on Amazon here.
- 2 T. butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 5 chicken breasts (pounded just a bit and trimmed-should still be thick)
- kosher salt/pepper
- ½ red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minces
- 8 ounce can artichokes, cut in quarters (Can use 2 cans for more artichoke flavor)
- ¾ c. white wine
- ¾ c. heavy cream
- 1 c. grated Parmesan Cheese
- chopped chives, garnish
- Heat butter and oil in cast iron pan (or fave skillet).
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook chicken on medium high to brown both sides. I used a press to enhance browning.
- Remove when both sides are golden and internal temp is 165 and cover with foil to rest.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet.
- Add artichokes for 2 mins.
- Pour in the wine.
- Add cream and more salt/pepper as desired.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and add parmesan.
- Slice chicken on a diagonal and add to skillet.
- Top with chives.
- Optional: Add pasta and roasted asparagus with Parmigiano-Reggiano!