Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
If you are a fan of cherries and you love cheesecake then this is for you! These brownies are so decadent, so rich and so scrumptious. These remind me of a black forest treat but way better! I made these in a 9x 13 pan but you could also make a half batch in an 8×8 pan if you prefer. Your friends and family will definitely want this recipe so be prepared to share the goods! The hardest part is waiting for them to chill in the fridge before cutting into them. Be patient though, it is worth the wait. You can also store these cherry cheesecake brownies in the freezer so you always have some on hand. A freezer ziploc bag or a tupperware with parchment between your layers would work perfectly! You may also love Hot Cherry Cobbler and Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Adapted from the Recipe Rebel
You may need:
Amazing Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 cup butter melted, cooled slightly
- 2½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 T. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
Cherry Cheesecake filling
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ can cherry pie filling
- Line a 9x13" pan with nonstick foil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Add flour, cocoa and salt, stirring well.
- Spread about half of this into the pan.
Cherry Cheesecake filling:
- Beat cream cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar,
- Spread this over the brownie batter.
- Dollop scoops of the cherry pie filling on top.
- Use the rest of the brownie batter to top the cherries. Use your hands to spread it.
- Bake about 35 minutes, cool to room temp and then chill hours before cutting.