This Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Croissant French Toast Casserole is insane. It is delicious, easy, impressive and our new weekend go-to for breakfast!! Bring on the company because they will love you for it, too! The custard is actually made from cream cheese and it reminds me of a wonderful cheesecake batter. then, you pour it over big, fluffy croissants and add some chocolate. A no-brainer, right? You let it sit for 20 minutes to soak up the custard and then pop into the oven. 40 minutes till the most divine breakfast!
- 15 ounces large croissant, frozen, coarsely cut (Costco!!)
- 16 ounces soft cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups whole milk
- Handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly grease 9x13 dish with sides.
- Lay croissants in dish.
- In mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Add one egg at a time.
- Add milk and vanilla slowly and beat till smooth.
- Pour over croissants and let sit 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
- If getting too brown, lightly cover with foil so inside can finish cooking through.
- Serve with maple syrup and whipped cream!
Adapted from Plain Chicken-thank you for this recipe!! It is a keeper!