This is my mom’s famous cream puff recipe and delectable filling. It is like no other filling you have had! I have many updated pictures but this was my first creampuff picture on the blog so I am keeping it! These are always a showstopper when they make their debut at a party. For many years my mom brought these to my classroom when I hosted an annual Mother’s Day Tea! These cream puffs have brought many smiles to many people. Unlike a typical pudding filling, these have a whipped cream base making them extra special. Add the powdered sugar just before serving so it doesn’t “melt” into the puffs while in the fridge. These can be assembled a few hours ahead of time and covered in the fridge. I hope you love these…let me know so I can tell my mom! You may also love Amarena Cherry Cream Puffs and Hot Fudge Chocolate Mousse Cream Puffs.
You may need:
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup water
- Add: 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 pack instant vanilla pudding
- ⅓ c. milk
- Heat butter and water to a boil.
- Add flour and vanilla and stir to combine a few mins and release steam. Dough will for a ball.
- Place in bowl of mixer.
- Run mixer to cool down and then add eggs, one at a time.
- Drop by T. onto parchment lined cookie sheets and bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Beat all in a mixer until a thick cream forms.
- Slice cooled puffs in half and fill with cream.
- Top with powdered sugar!