Death By Reese’s Cheesecake Brownies
Are you a fan of chocolate and peanut butter? These Death By Reese’s Cheesecake Brownies are seriously to die for. They are rich! They are packed with candy! So, they are a peanut butter lover’s dream and are perfection! Grab a tall glass of milk when you sit down with one of these bars! And these would be great for a party since they can feed a crowd. Everyone needs just a sliver and they will be very happy and very satisfied…especially the Reese’s lovers in your world! I will warn you though, they will all be begging you for the recipe! You may also love Reese’s Peanut Butter Blondies and Reese’s No Bake Cheesecake Pie.
You may need:
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup plus 2 T. granulated sugar
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg lightly beaten + 1 yolk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup plus 6 T. all-purpose flour
- ½ cup semi sweet chips
- ½ cup Reese's chips
- 10 mini pb cups chopped
- 1 pound Cream Cheese, Soft
- 2 eggs plus half of a third egg (just whisk third egg and pour out half)
- ¾ cups Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed
- ½ cup creamy Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ Tablespoon vanilla
- chocolate sauce
- 5 full size Peanut Butter Cups, Cut In Half
- Reese's peanut butter chips
- handful of peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Line 8x8 pan with nonstick foil letting it hang over edges for easy removal later.
- In a pot, heat the water to a simmer.
- Add cocoa and chocolate.
- Remove from heat and stir smooth.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter in a microwave.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Add the chocolate mixture.
- Add egg/yolk and salt stirring well.
- Add flour to combine.
- Pour into pan and bake 20 mins. (will not be fully cooked)
- Let it cool a few minutes and carefully place the chips and pb cups on top of brownie.
- Beat cream cheese in bowl of mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add sugar, peanut butter and cream. Mix until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour filling into pan.
- Bake approx 45-50 minutes.
- Chill at least 8 hours.
- Drizzle on the chocolate sauce and top with candies/nuts.
Recipe adapted from Christine’s Kitchen
I updated the pics and brownie recipe in April 2020 for a thicker, softer brownie. I also made it an 8×8 pan but you can always double this for a 9×13 pan.