Double Stuf CookiesThere has a been a LOT of cookie stuffing here lately! From Devil Dog Stuffed Cookies to Twinkie Cookies and Funny Bone Cookies! Next up, had to be double stuf oreos! Did you ever notice Nabisco spells Double Stuf with one f? Go figure! Picky Palate was the first place I saw Oreos stuffed in cookies-Genius! You can check out her recipe, too. For these Double Stuf cookies, I used my "Killer Chocolate Chip Cookie" recipe! I hope you love these as much as we do! I used Trader Joe's HUGE pound plus milk chocolate bar in these. It made all the difference and you will find it melts way better than chocolate chips. Try it in all of your cookie recipes!
You may need:
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ sticks soft butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup regular sugar
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ of a Trader Joe's Pound Plus Milk Chocolate Bar, Chopped
- Double Stuf Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Beat butter and both sugars until well blended.
- Add in vanilla, egg and yolk until light and creamy.
- Add in flour, salt and baking soda just until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chunks by hand.
- Take a large amount of dough...just enough to encase/cover an Oreo and flatten it a bit.
- Bake 12-14 minutes and cool.