Copycat Cosmic Brownies
Luckily it is time for another month of Two Sweetie Pies! Another month of 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful dessert! Always a success when you bake from Liz’s blog! Each month we bake up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun! Make sure you pop over to visit Liz and see which Hugs & Cookies recipe she chose this month.
This month I went with Liz’s Copycat Cosmic Brownies !! My 10 year old has now requested these for his June birthday!!!
Thanks once again Liz for a fabulous dessert!
You can visit Liz on her social media channels here:
- ¾ cup butter (1½ sticks), melted
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Rainbow Chip Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with non-stick foil.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter using 30-second increments
- Add the sugars and mix to combine. Then add the eggs, vanilla, and stir till well mixed.
- Add the cocoa powder and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, and baking powder and stir until it's blended,
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with an offset spatula.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes until the top looks set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs. Cool on a wire rack.
- While brownies have cooled for at least a half-hour, make the ganache.
- Add chocolate chips and cream to a medium, microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on high for one minute. Set aside.
- Let stand a few minutes before whisking to combine. If there are any small lumps, you may microwave for 15 seconds and whisk until smooth. Repeat if needed.
- Pour the ganache over the brownies and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles and chill for at least 2 hours before cutting.