Meatball parmigiana just got a whole lot easier with my baked meatballs! No frying on the stove, no splatter, no mess! Perfect for a quick meal during the week, too! You can use your favorite jarred sauce for your baked meatball parmigiana or make this fabulous sauce that I used. Click here for the recipe!
Baked Meatball Parmigiana Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 pounds meatloaf mix (beef, pork, veal combo)
- 4 cloves garlic-roughly chopped, not minced
- a handful of chopped parsley
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I used Schar brand)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (not grated) (sometimes I use grated asiago cheese)
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- Sauce of your choice (approx two 24-oz jars)
- Mozzarella cheese to top it off with!
Mix all of the above meatball ingredients and form your meatballs-not too large. Pour 1-2 Tablespoons oil on a baking stone or pan with sides and bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Lower oven to 375.
Pour some sauce in the bottom of your dish(es). I used a ceramic dish pictured above or you could use one 9×13. Lay meatballs on top of the sauce. Cover with more sauce and dress the top up with lots of mozzarella! It should be covered with cheese!!! Cover with foil and bake for 20 mins. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 mins or until meatballs are cooked through and cheese is browning. For the last 4 minutes I raised the oven temp to 400 to help the browning.